Social Services Department
The Social Service Unit provides information and referral, advocacy and entitlement counseling to those who are 60 years and older living in Southeast Queens.
Assistance is available to those interested in applying for:
- Medicare Savings Programs
- Elder Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage Program (EPIC)
- Food Stamps
- Senior Citizen Rent Increase Exemption Program (SCRIE)
- Senior Citizen Homeowner Exemption Program (SCHE)
- Real Property Tax Credit (IT-214)
- City of NY School Tax Credit (NYC-210)
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP)
- Medicare Part D/Prescription Drug Plan.
To reach us by telephone, you can call:
718-657-6639 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., or
you can visit our centers listed here:
Our staff assists older adults in obtaining needed services including Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Veteran Benefits, Elderly Pharmaceutical, Insurance Coverage, Food Stamps, Reduced Fare, Home Energy Assistance and Emergency Assistance. This department services approximately 1,000 different individuals each year.
back to top